West Somerset and Exmoor has a range of activities for all abilities and ages. In our entrance hall you will find leaflets covering a number of local attractions.
The Kildare has made special arrangements with some local organisations and can offer special deals on:
- Clay Pigeon Shooting
- Prices start from £40 with a minimum group size of 4. We can arrange a half-day shoot, moving through woodland and local countryside and featuring a variety of targets. The shoot leader is fully licensed. Guns and instruction will be provided.
- We have an arrangement with the Minehead & West Somerset Golf Club to offer reduced green fees.
- Fishing and Riding
- With local contacts and knowledge, we can assist you with any fishing or riding locally.
Ask at the bar for more details of these and other activities.
The following links will help you learn more about West Somerset and Exmoor and what to do during your stay with us.
Click on the links below to go to their website.
- Minehead Tourist Information
- A variety of information about activities in and around Minehead.
19 The Avenue, Minehead TA24 5AY. Telephone: 01643 702624
- Active Exmoor
- A guide to outdoor activities and events.
- Minehead Cycling Club
- If you are a cyclist and fancy coming out for a ride around West Somerset, the Cycling club would welcome you along.
- West Somerset Railway (Official Site)
- We are lucky to have the longest heritage railway in the UK running from Minehead to Bishops Lydeard, near Taunton, with a mixture of diesel and steam engines. Travelling through beautiful coastal countryside, this is real treat and an ideal day out, whatever the weather! Both of these sites offer valuable information about the line. (Click here for the unofficial site)
- Exmoor Owl & Hawk centre
- A unique outdoor activity centre 'with a difference' - indoor owl shows, all weather attraction with tea gardens.
- Regal Theatre
- Based in Minehead, the Regal Theatre has a variety of shows, plays & occasional films.
- Explore Exmoor
- This site aims to provide you with information, inspiration and ideas to explore the Exmoor National Park without a car. Whether you are looking to access the moors for some outdoor fun, explore the spectacular Exmoor coast, or visit one of Exmoor's famous towns or villages, you can do so without the hassle of the car.
- Exmoor National Park
- The official website of the Exmoor National Park includes a section on things to do in the area, and a variety of other information about the Park.
Harvey and Sarah are always happy to help with advice about things to do and see around the area.